This classic, scrumptious snack continues to be making recollections for children and fogeys alike for generations.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
— OR —
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Grain Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S Grain KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Awesome. Reduce 2-inch squares. Best if offered within 24 hours.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for several minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and three above. Microwave cooking occasions can vary.
– For the best results, use fresh marshmallows.
– 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crme could be substituted with marshmallows.
– Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine isn’t suggested.
– Store a maximum of 2 days at 70 degrees in airtight container.
– To freeze, devote layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for approximately 6 days. Let stand at 70 degrees for fifteen minutes before serving.